Elderly Care Services That Are Provided at Home
One of the most common questions we answer is, “Can I stay at home?” and we’re pleased to share that in many cases, the answer is yes. While some conditions and situations require intensive inpatient rehabilitation, many patients are able to receive elderly care services from Santé in Phoenix right in their own homes.
Home health services offered by Santé
Home health services allow patients to receive a compassionate continuum of care where they’re most comfortable, and include:
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”10″ gal_title=”elderly care services”]
- Skilled nursing services including medication management, wound care services, disease process education, nursing assessments, IV management, and cardiopulmonary assessment
- home health aide services include help with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, eating, oral hygiene, etc.) and safety standby when needed
- physical therapy services to help improve endurance, regain strength and mobility after surgery, enhance walking technique, and improve range of motion
- speech therapy services to improve swallowing, speech, and cognitive deficits that are impacting speech
- occupational therapy to help patients relearn old ways or develop new ways to perform tasks independently at home (and ensure the right adaptive equipment is in place)
- medical social worker services including identifying the best community resources, providing emotional support during recovery, and assisting with the creation of an advanced directive
- hospice services to ensure comfort throughout end of life
Who benefits from home health services
Home health services are often appropriate for those recovering from an illness or surgery, those experiencing a greater need for help as they age, and those suffering from chronic conditions like pain, COPD, diabetes, and congestive heart failure.
Frequency of services
The frequency of home health services is dependent upon the needs of the patient; some patients may require home health aide assistance daily or even twice daily, but only need skilled nursing or physical therapy once or twice a week. Each patient’s schedule is developed with their preferences and the recommendations of their health care team in mind.
To learn more about home health services or inpatient rehabilitation, call the caring team at Santé at 480-563-2402 or visit us online today.< Back to Library