Santé® TRC’s Reunite Families and Friends with Lifted Visitor Restrictions
Guidelines focus on the importance of safety, support, and preventions
What a difference a year makes. Visitation restrictions for the Santé TRC’s look much different than they did a year ago this time. According to Santé Sr. V.P. of Clinical Operations and Compliance, Joyal Simmons, the COVID-19 vaccines have greatly reduced the risk to our residents of transmission and serious illness. In March of 2020, visitors and non-essential healthcare personnel were completely restricted in most instances from visiting. Dining and social activities were also limited.
Santé has since updated their nursing home visitation policies to reflect a higher degree of normalcy for their residents under the Nov. 2021 CMS guidelines. Guests can now enjoy a variety of activities including dining, book clubs, crafts, movies, exercise and bingo.
“The population we care for is also the most vulnerable to the pandemic. We recognize the tremendous benefits that come from the love, companionship and support that regular visits from loved ones provide,” said Simmons. The following are a list of precautions to continue to make safety a top priority for our residents:
- Screening of all visitors who enter the facility for signs and symptoms of Covid 19
- Denial of entry for those who have a positive viral test for Covid 19
- Outdoor visitation encouraged when possible
- Practicing frequent hand washing
- Practicing social distancing- at least six feet between persons
- Using specified entries and exits and routes to designated areas
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched services in the facility
What has Occurred: According to CEO Mark Hansen, there is a fine balance between protecting residents’ safety and allowing for patient engagement. We understand that our nursing home residents derive great physical, emotional and spiritual support through visitation from family and friends. Our staff works hard to make sure we have this balance.