Post Acute Center | Here’s To A Healthy 2017!
The fast-approaching New Year provides the perfect opportunity to begin considering new goals for a healthy lifestyle. At Santé post acute center, we’re excited to share with you some of our goals to inspire your New Year, too.
- Drink more water! Every single cell in your body requires water to function at its highest level. Getting plenty of fluids every day promotes healthy skin, improved cognitive function, bowel regularity, urinary health, and a healthy metabolism. Aim to drink several glasses of water daily.
- Get more exercise. Light physical activity – such as thirty minutes of walking each day – can help you burn calories, avoid depression, and prevent life-threatening diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. You may be able to accomplish this by simply taking the stairs instead of the elevator and parking further away from the building.
- Quit smoking. Smoking can have a detrimental impact on your health and lifespan. Set a goal to quit smoking in 2017 to add years to your life and quality of life to your years.
- Schedule an appointment. Make preventative health a priority in the New Year by scheduling your annual physical on time and following through with the preventative testing recommended by your doctor. If you’re due for a mammogram, colonoscopy, or lab work, make the time to get them done. They can save your life.
- Make time for leisure. Self-care is vital for maintaining your health despite a busy lifestyle. Get plenty of rest, spend some time in quiet each day, and take a break when you need one to improve energy, motivation, and well being. Make relationships a priority regardless of time crunches and other commitments.
As we work toward our goals at Santé post acute care center, we hope that you will consider what you will do as well to be healthy in 2017. Now is the time to consider what your health goals will be in the New Year. Make sure one of your resolutions will be to stick to your resolutions!
< Back to Library