Short Term Care | Staying Healthy
At Santé, our driving goal is to promote ongoing health and wellness for our patients and our communities. We achieve this goal by providing top-of-the-line rehabilitation, home health services, and long and short term care, but also by educating and empowering patients so they can prevent serious ailments.
As we enter into fall, we recommend the following measures to stay healthy this season:
- Get your flu shot. Flu shots prevent multiple strains of Influenza, a viral infection that can be fatal in very young, elderly, and immunocompromised populations. Most insurance companies cover your flu vaccine with no out-of-pocket cost to you.
- Take your vitamins. Getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs can help you fight the common cold and other infections that tend to rear their heads during Autumn months. Vitamin C can be especially helpful, even after you feel a cold coming on.
- Schedule your annual physical. Stay on schedule with your annual physical and associated preventative tests, such as your mammogram, PAP smear, lab tests, and colonoscopy. By seeing your primary care physician once per year, you may identify risk factors before problems develop.
- Wash your hands. Washing your hands before and after you eat or use the bathroom can prevent the spread of germs and help you stay healthy. Wash with warm water; hot water can cause dry skin and does not kill more germs. Use antibacterial hand soap and pay special attention to the thumbs, which are often missed, and areas under the nails and between the fingers.
- Mind what you eat and drink. A well-balanced diet and plenty of water every day can build your immune system and keep your body in its best shape throughout fall and winter. Ensure a colorful array of fruits and vegetables are consumed on a daily basis.
At Santé, taking care of you is what we do. To learn more about how Santé can help you reach your health goals through home health, physical therapy, or short term care services, contact us today!< Back to Library