Preparing For A Parent’s Home Health Care Services
Imagine your mom or dad has spent a few days in the hospital recovering from an illness or other event. When you get to the hospital to drive your parent home, you discover he or she needs home health care services.
Do you know where to turn? Would you just search for home health care services on the Internet and hope for the best? Would you let the hospital assign your parent a home health care provider? Or would you proactively seek out a company that’s truly equipped to keep your parent safe and healthy?
Choosing the right company is important to your parent’s well being. Having the right home care provider in place not only helps your parent return to health quickly, but it gives you peace of mind that your mom or dad is safe while recuperating at home.
To ensure your parent gets the care he or she needs, look for a reputable home care company that can provide a full continuum of senior care services. For example, the home health care company you select should offer services like:
- Skilled nursing including medication management, disease management, cardiopulmonary assessments, wound care and the administration of IV drugs.
- Physical therapy for endurance, rehabilitation following surgery, improved gait and increased strength and mobility.
- Occupational therapy to allow patients a greater sense of independence at home. By providing adaptive equipment and training, patients learn to perform daily activities like cooking and bathing.
- Speech therapy to improve the ability to speak and swallow.
- Medical social workers to identify community resources and provide emotional support during important life events and transitions.
- Home health aides to ensure safety during the activities of daily living and do light housekeeping.
Santé’s home health care services can provide your parent with the care he or she needs to return to health and vitality. To learn more, please contact us at Santé at 480-264-468.< Back to Library