Finding someone reliable to care for your loved one at home can be a challenge. There are an abundance of home health services available no matter where you look. From community bulletin boards, classified ads, and the Internet, they all offer potential options when you are searching for the ideal caregiver.
When considering your choices, it might be tempting to hire an independent contractor for the job. But is this really the best option? With so many unknowns, how can you tell if someone is going to be the best fit for your loved one’s needs? Here are some reasons why you might want to take a closer look at a home health agency like Santé:
- Reputable home health agencies are typically accredited by Medicare, state medical assistance, and your private health or long-term care insurance, which means the cost of your care is more likely to be covered when you hire an agency.
- Home health agencies employ expert doctors, nurses, and caregivers to ensure every aspect of your care promotes your health, well being, and ongoing independence.
- Agencies have the resources to cover absences resulting from staff illness or emergency, while the same scenario could cause a lapse in your care when you use an independent contractor.
- Every employee of a home health agency is subject to periodic performance reviews and held accountable to the standards established by the agency.
- Home health agencies such as Santé have access to state-of-the-art equipment and the newest technology to provide optimal health care to each patient
A unique benefit to working with us at Santé is that we provide consistency and continuity of care for all of your loved one’s needs. Because we provide post acute care, home health services, palliative care, and hospice care, we are often able to follow our patients throughout the aging process, providing exactly what they need at each stage of life. Contact us to learn more about how we can help.