5 Reasons to Choose Hospice Care
When you receive a terminal diagnosis, every second of the 525,600 minutes you have in a year counts. While it can feel like things are beyond your grasp, patients have more control than they realize. The choices about how you want to spend your time are up to you.
Santé Hospice allows patients to transition into the final stages of life with dignity and comfort. Care is administered at home, in a hospital or at one of our licensed facilities – wherever you feel most comfortable. If you’re unsure whether hospice is right for you or a loved one, here are five reasons to choose Santé Hospice.
- We recognize the importance of quality time. We understand that every moment is precious. One of the primary elements of hospice is palliative care, which is designed to lessen pain or discomfort so the patient can spend more time with friends and family. Your hospice care team will do everything they can to make you comfortable and facilitate visits with your loved ones.
- You’re more relaxed at home. Santé offers hospice care in the comfort of your own home. If you choose to remain at home, or with family, our hospice nurse will come directly to you. Home health aides can assist you with daily activities including light housekeeping and personal grooming tasks. If you opt for hospice care in one of our local facilities, your room will be warm and inviting, providing a pleasant place for your loved ones to visit.
- Your well-being is our number one priority. Hospice goes beyond physical care. When you arrange for hospice services, you have access to a dedicated team that includes a social worker, chaplain and compassionate volunteers. Our interfaith chaplain can provide spiritual guidance, while social workers offer secular counseling and help the patient access community resources.
- You don’t like hospitals. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), nearly half of Americans spend their final days in a hospital. Unfortunately, many people view hospitals as cold and sterile. Hospice care offers more flexibility in where patients spend their remaining time. With more options, you can choose to spend as much time as possible in a soothing place, surrounded by our caring staff and your loved ones.
- We take care of families. Many patients in the final stages of life are concerned about how their friends and family members are coping. Our social workers and chaplain are here to help your family through this difficult time. Volunteers may be provided to help relieve family members who are caring for their loved ones at home.
Whether you have hospice services administered at home, in-hospital or at one of our care facilities, rest assured you and your family are in good hands. Care is customized for the patient and available round-the-clock, 7 days a week. For more information on Santé Hospice, call 480-563-2402 or visit a facility near you.< Back to Library